Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Day Before Green Belt: Panic Sets In

Too many months ago, I took my Nia white belt and blogged about it. Tomorrow I go green  and let me tell you it has been a veritable rain storm the last few days.  Ever have that dream where you are back in school, running through the hallways about to take a test on a subject you have never even heard of? Yep, that is me only I barred, and read, memorized triads and catch phrases, gone through the fifty-two moves and listened to the music to Sanjana so very many times. I have been cooking meals for the family while I am gone, given up my car so everyone can make their appointments, movies and rehearsals in my absence including making an apple pudding because I. Am. Just. That . Awesome. (In my mind!)  Yet it still feels like I am not ready and my mind blanks at the thought of tests and teaching the songs in the big kid studio.  Maybe going green was a mistake, maybe I am not ready. Maybe, maybe maybe. The spinning in my head goes on.  My critics are out in force and are they ever kicking my butt until I have come to the conclusion that I could do everything and it will never be enough. I can hold the space in the home giving every ounce of compassion and love to my husband and my kids until I realize I am forgetting to give the love and compassion to myself.  I have forgotten how to celebrate myself and that touches a wound deep inside me that brings tears even as I write this. Is that too raw, too honest for a blog post? It is me right now today.  Sometimes life gets hard and overwhelming.  Today I am raining.

Tomorrow I will begin class where I will be a whale among dolphins. A prospect that is a little less frightening when I remember the truth of being a whale is beauty, grace and strength, whose songs are worth singing.  Tomorrow I will learn and dance and laugh and do my very best.

As I look at my dirty laundry, I have come to a single conclusion, it is time to go buy a new wardrobe!

So I leave you with this video because house music makes everything better!


1 comment:

fredbass said...

You are AWESOME in the minds and hearts of many. Looking forward to hearing about all the flying, jumping joys of Green Belt, and the new wardrobe. And yes...house music is some of the best