Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Underneath the ocean - Nia Day Four

Day four was rather interesting on a lot of levels and in many ways it was not the easiest day for me and on another it was probably the most powerful in hindsight. There was further exploration of the 8BC system and being able to flower and dress the bars to give us information to help teach. Then there was some more work with FreeDance including more work with feelings and emotions, then we were introduced to creative source and authentic movement. I was back to struggling a bit as I tried my hand at the new levels and trying to find my way and being able find the one without counting. The feelings and emotions part still felt a little foolish while the creative source less so. Definetly room for me to grow!

In the afternoon we worked the core with Debbie and we stirred up a ton of energy as I will get to in a bit. Catherine from Wednesday night classes joined us along with her Salem Nia instructor Regina. She is doing great and says hello to everyone. Debbie taught the Nia class and we got the work the core some more with Ameythist. Overall, for me today was more cerebral and less physical exhaustion so I found I had more energy for the class.

As I was driving home, I could feel this heaviness in my chest and I managed to make it until I was just across my house when I started to cry. I pulled in and sat in the garage just crying. (I just have to point out the irony that as I could feel this coming on, the song Point of No Return was playing) I didn’t really try and figure out the why at that point, I just accepted it as old junk that need to be released. When I finally got inside, my husband took one look and me and held me as I sobbed to him and apologized for not be the same size as when he married me. His response was perfect and he just let me cry and babble for a bit. After I calmed down, he asked if there was anything he could do for me. My response. “Wanna have sex?” He lights up. “Okay!” Without entering into the too much information space (which it may be too late already!) I’ll just say that it was really good.

So I am now a day late but tomorrow is an early morning so day five to be here soon. I will say that today was incredible and the Nia class was absolutely wild. Carlos ended with "The Hearts is a Lonely Hunter" and the energy was dialed up to eleven in the room. Pure heaven!

No comments: